(This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting this blog!)
As kids get older, it gets harder to buy gifts for them. As a parent of an 11-year-old daughter, I can tell you that she still enjoys creating things. Activity kits are great presents because kids have to spend the time making something before they can enjoy it. They can then take ownership of their project and have pride in their work. It ends up meaning a little more to them. Every year, new activity kits are manufactured. Here are some of the newer activity kits for tween girls. Maybe one of these will interest the tween on your shopping list this holiday season! Please note, we have not personally tried any of these products yet, so cannot attest to the quality and ease of use.
1. Just My Style Flavored Lab Lip Gloss – As much as my daughter wants to wear makeup, since she’s only eleven, we only allow her to wear lip gloss. She would love making her own flavored lip glosses with this activity kit. This would also make a fun activity to do with a friend when they “hang out.” The kit comes with four lip glosses (3 flavored, 1 shimmer) that kids can layer and mix to create a customized tube. Recommended for ages 6+, retails for $9.97.
2. Alex Toys Knot-a-Mermaid – Mermaids continue to be popular. With this kit, kids can make their own mermaid blanket, just by tying knots. After the blanket is completed, they can stitch the shell appliques on. Recommended for ages 8+, retails for $19.99.
3. YOUniverse Crystal Growing Jewelry – Kids learn the science behind growing crystals and then make jewelry with their crystal creations. Recommended for ages 6+, retails for $12.97.
4. Just My Style Glitter Roller Perfume – Kids mix and create their own fragrance with this kit. There are also stickers in the kit to decorate the bottles. Recommended for ages 6+, retails for $9.97.
5. Just My Style Sparkling Fashion Plates – Do you have a budding fashion designer? This kit includes 15 different plates that kids can mix and match to create more than 100 designs. Recommended for ages 6+, retails for $14.97.
6. ORB Doll Designer: Strawberry Sweet – With this kit, kids design their own doll. They create an outfit for their doll by layering different pieces of fabric and decorating it. Each kit comes with a doll stand and a pet. Recommended for ages 8+, retails for $12.99.
7. Plush Craft Personalized Pillow – Tweens love any type of room decor and personalization. Initials are a big hit with this age group. If your tween isn’t into a personalized pillow, Plush Craft makes all sorts of different pillow designs including, animals, a peace sign, an ice cream cone, an XOXO design and more. Kids follows a legend and use a special stylus to punch fabric strips into the pillow. Recommended for ages 5+, retails for $16.99.
8. ORB Fluffables – With these kits, kids create their own fluffable. Using a stylus, kids push fluff into the form to create their animal. They can follow the enclosed pattern or create their own design. Recommended for ages 6+, retails for $9.99.
9. YOUniverse Galactic Bath Bombs – My daughter and her friends love bath bombs. With this kit, they can make their own by mixing compounds and adding color and shimmer. Recommended for ages 6+, retails for $12.97.
10. Project Mc2 H2o Nail Science Kit – In this kit, kids will use hydrographic printing to create unique nail designs. 3 AA batteries are required, but not included in this kit. Recommended for ages 6+, retails for $24.99.
11. Project Mc2 Smart Pixel Purse – Using an app, kids program their own designs which they can then show off on their purse. Or they can use one of the pre-programmed designs. Recommended for ages 6+, retails for $59.99.
12. Gel-a-Peel Accessory Craft Kit – Kids can design and create their own color changing accessories using the templates provided. 3 gel tubes, 16+ templates and 5 designer tips are included in this kit. There are different kits including neon, color change, sparkle and more. Recommended for ages 8+, retails for $19.99.