Brr! It’s getting cold around here. It’s really beginning to feel like winter. We had a little snow earlier in the week and the kids had a 2 hour delay on Monday. As of now, it’s looking like we’ll be getting even more snow Sunday into Monday! Have I mentioned that I really dislike winter? I am not a snow and cold person. On the bright side, it gives me an excuse to snuggle on the couch with a book or a Netflix binge! Here are five from this week:
1. Reading – Besides all the Christmas books that I’m reading for my 25 Books of Christmas feature, I’m almost finished reading Paris For One by Jojo Moyes. Normally, I don’t usually enjoy short stories, so I’m pleasantly surprised with how much I’m enjoying this book!
2. Watching – The kids and I are almost through watching E.T. I’m trying to show them some of the movies that my husband and I enjoyed when we were kids. We’ve seen the original Ghostbusters as well as The Princess Bride. My daughter and I watched Troop Beverly Hills as well. Do you have any “classic” movie recommendations for us? I’m thinking Big, with Tom Hanks, will be one of our next movies!
3. Eating – The contents of the Empire Crate. Although I received the box before Thanksgiving, we are just finally getting to sampling everything! I love that this box is a subscription box focused on food products from our state, New York! We will have a review post coming soon!
4. Enjoying – My kids had their Christmas piano recital last Sunday afternoon. My daughter’s been taking lessons for a little over a year now and my son just started lessons over the summer. This was their first piano recital and they did an amazing job! My parents gave me the piano that my siblings and I played when we were kids. They came to the recital and are so happy to see the piano continuing to be used.
5. Remembering – Last weekend my daughter and I went to West Point Military Academy and participated in the Wreaths Across America Ceremony. We helped place wreaths on every grave in the cemetery, remembering and honoring those who served our country.
ICYMI this week on the blog:
Monday I shared our weekly meal plan.
Wednesday I joined the Currently linkup.
And this week included reviews of Santa’s Underwear, Candy Cane Lane, The Christmas Boot, Gingerbread Christmas, and The Mistletoe Secret for the 25 Books of Christmas.