A mid-day Happy List! Here’s three things making me happy today:
1. Some Good News Episode 4 – Have you watched this show yet?! If not, what are you waiting for?!!
2. Jack Ryan Season 1 – I don’t know what box I was living in, but I didn’t realize that John Krasinski plays Jack Ryan! I can’t believe that I haven’t posted this on my happy list yet. I can’t remember the last time that I did a binge watch of a show….like a real binge watch. But this past weekend my husband and I watched all eight episodes of season 1 of this show in 24 hours. It’s a little violent and I have to not watch the screen. But it’s action and suspense and a perfect escape.
3. Earth Day – Happy Earth Day! While we have all this craziness going on, Mother Earth is benefiting from us all staying inside. Plus, all of the signs of spring give us hope that there will be brighter times ahead.
Another afternoon happy list. Here are today’s three!
1. Clearance Easter candy – I had to run to Walmart last night to try to find Tylenol (score!). While I was there, they had Easter candy for 75-90% off. I might have bought a bag of twix and m&ms for the family.
2. Family Walk – Normally, my husband and I take a daily after work walk (weather dependent). Yesterday, the whole family enjoyed a walk together.
3. Netflix Documentaries – I’m always looking for something new to watch and I am a documentary fan, if I find the subject interesting. I’m going to have to check out some of these. I already watched Miss Americana and it was so good!
Happy Friday! We made it through another week. Here is today’s happy:
1. Mocktails – For my daughter’s birthday we made virgin strawberry pina coladas. The kids were so excited about their special drinks that I realized this is something that we will have to make more of in quarantine.
2. Family Game Night – I had my son pick the family activity yesterday and he chose Apples to Apples. We hadn’t played this one in awhile, so it was a fun time.
3. Saved By the Bell – I grew up watching this show and now it’s getting a reboot! Although an air date has not been released yet, the show will eventually stream on NBC’s new Peacock streaming service sometime later this year. With many of the original cast returning, I’ll have to check this out!
It’s really beginning to feel like Groundhog’s Day around here. Still looking for the happy each day though!
Family Chalk Art – I made the family go outside yesterday afternoon and create this chalk art. There were surprisingly no complaints from the kids and it was a fun family activity. Plus, it will hopefully bring a smile to all the neighbors who walk by (until the rain comes this weekend!).
Choose Joy – Something found on the internet, but so fitting for right now.
Kelly Clarkson Show – This episode of the Kelly Clarkson Show because I love Anna Kendrick and Justin Timberlake!
Yesterday was such a busy day that I missed my Happy List. Here is today’s three:
1. Birthday Celebration – Yesterday my daughter turned 14! Birthdays in quarantine stink. But we tried to make the most of it. She said she had a great day, which is all a parent can ask for. This is definitely a birthday that she will always remember! I’ll share more details in Friday’s Five on Friday post!
2. Show Us Your Books link up – Every month I participate in a book link up and share my monthly reads. It’s such a great way for me to get new book recommendations. Since the library is closed, I put a bunch of e-books on hold.
3. Cat Fashion Show – I don’t know how they did this – my cats would NEVER let us dress them up like this!
1. Vegan donuts – These donuts need to be pre-ordered for weekend pick up and sell out so quickly. We finally remembered to order some earlier in the week and were able to get them again.
2. Celebrating birthdays – Over the weekend we participated in two birthday celebrations. The first was a neighborhood singing of Happy Birthday to one of the boy’s who lives on our street. The second was participating in a birthday car parade for one of my son’s friends. The mom had the fire truck lead the parade with lights and sirens. Birthdays are hard, especially for kids, during this quarantine.
3. Georgia Aquarium kitten field trip – How cute are these kittens?!!
4. Family dumpling making – My daughter’s birthday is tomorrow and she requested a luau themed dinner. So we all worked together yesterday to pre-make the dumplings. They are in the freezer and ready to be cooked.
5. Some Good News (SGN) with John Krasinski – Such a fun show, I had to post it again, since there’s a new episode! I laughed, I cried…..all the feels!
A little late today with the happy list, but better late than never! Three things making me happy today:
1. Pastel painted nails – I apologize for the horrible picture. But, my husband painted my nails for me the other day and I’m loving my nails. There’s just something about having some color on them and this Essie Lilacism is a perfect spring pastel color!
2. Dogs in bread – I saw this on Facebook and just literally laughed out loud! Wish I had a dog to do this with….it just won’t work with cats.
3. Cherry Blossom Festival – Around this time there are several cherry blossom festivals that take place around us. My son is a huge fan of Japanese culture and these are a great day out for some culture and family fun. Also, going to see the cherry blossoms blooming in Washington D.C. is also on my bucket list. Now we all can enjoy the National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C. virtually.
Happy Hump day! Half-way through the week…..we got this! Here are three things making me happy:
1. Stay Home, Take Care – from the creators of Girls Night In, Stay Home, Take Care is a website with ideas for self care during this stressful time. There are different categories with lots of different ideas to help you take care of YOU!
2. SGN w/ John Krasinski – Sadly, I am new to Some Good News (SGN) with John Krasinski. I just watched Episode 2 for the first time this morning and couldn’t believe what I’ve been missing out on. This short show celebrates all the good that’s going on right now amidst the pandemic. The Hamilton birthday surprise at the end was = 100%!
3. Homemade cookies – My daughter has turned to baking as her “being productive” activity. Last night she made these Soft Baked Vegan Sugar Cookies. She bakes (and cleans up….part of the deal!) and we all get treats. Win for everyone!
Happy Tuesday! One week into April, here is today’s happy list:
Free Photography Classes with Nikon – Learning to take better photos has always been on my to-do list. Nikon is offering free photography classes for the month of April.
Free Headspace Meditations – In a partnership with Governor Cuomo, Headspace is offering New Yorkers (and anyone) free meditations. I still find meditation difficult, but if there was anytime to really practice, now is the time.
3. Homescapes Game App – I used to be a Candy Crush addict, but this game has become my recent obsession. It is a match-3 game with a story line. As you win levels you get to complete tasks to help Austin renovate his parent’s home.