Today is National Banana Bread Day! If you are like our family, you always have ripened bananas sitting on your counter. We have made countless banana breads and muffins with these too ripe to eat bananas. I saw this recipe and thought it was different with the addition of the pineapple. The pineapple helped moisten the bread and added an additional sweetness. The kids enjoyed this bread for breakfast with some yogurt and fruit.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray or grease 8x 4 inch loaf pan.
2. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the banana and pineapple. In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients. Stir the dry ingredients into the creamed butter and sugar mixture until just combined.
3. Pour into the loaf pan and bake at for 65-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clear.
4. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.