It’s hard to believe that today is the last day of 2015. Tomorrow, NY Foodie Family turns one! This has been such a fun year of blogging and I am looking forward to many more to come! Throughout this first year, the blog has slowly evolved. This was first a food focused blog but throughout the year has turned into more of a family lifestyle blog. Don’t get me wrong, we still love food! However, we also love so many other things as well! Books, games, family fun and new experiences are also things that we enjoy. It’s much more fun being able to share all of that with you here on the blog. As the new year approaches I am looking into giving the blog a new look. Stay tuned for lots more food, family and fun here at NY Foodie Family.
As I noted, this blog started out as a food focused blog. This was evident in the most popular posts on the blog this year. Based on page views, the following are the top five most viewed posts of 2015.
5. Awesome Egg Rolls – Last February, we celebrated Chinese New Year by making a variety of different dishes, including these egg rolls. This was our first time making egg rolls and the kids had fun helping us make these.
4. Mocha Snickerdoodles – The cookie dough for these cookies has to be chilled for at least an hour, but otherwise, these are easy to make and really tasty!
3. Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup – This soup is perfect for the cold weather that we’ve finally been experiencing here in New York. This soup has all the flavors of a loaded baked potato, but in soup form. And it’s made in the slow cooker!
2. A Peek Inside our Meal Planning Process – We are a meal planning family. It keeps our grocery bill on budget and also saves us from the “It’s 5:30 PM, what are we having for dinner?” dilemma. In this post, I outlined what exactly goes into our meal planning and provide some tips and resources if you are new to meal planning.
1. Leftover Mashed Potato Gnocchi – These gnocchi are super easy to make and are a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes.