Happy Friday! Hope everyone a great week! We are looking forward to a three day weekend filled with family fun and relaxation! This week I’m sharing some of my favorite blog posts that I’ve found this week. Hope you enjoy!
1. I found Cait’s post How I Will Improve Goodreads When I Rule The World via Erin’s Blogger Love vol. 2 post. If you use Goodreads, you have to read Cait’s post. She had so many improvements that were spot on!
2. I have bookmarked The Nectar Collective’s post on 7 Great Alternatives to Photoshop to Create Graphics for Your Blog. Blogging is a hobby that the Weekend Chef and I started as something fun that we could do together. It’s not paying the bills and I’m not ready to invest a lot of money in it at this time. I know I need to step up my photography and graphics skills for the blog, however I don’t have a lot of time to learn Photoshop, nor do I want to pay a monthly fee for a program…..yet. This post offered several alternatives that I have to check out.
3. I found Cristina’s post 5 Things Beginner Food Photographers Should Know pretty informative as well. At this point in my blogging career, I find any photography tips helpful!
4. I always enjoy Megan’s posts. Her most recent post How do I measure success? describes her goal to get in shape and lose weight, imparted with her usual humor and realism.
5. Finally, Lisa recently posted Asian cartoon characters I like and don’t like. Lisa’s children are a bit younger than mine, so I was unfamiliar with many of the characters that she wrote about. I was impressed with the number of shows that she identified that have Asian characters in them. I am Korean and I think it’s important that my children see characters in the media (television, movies, games, etc.) that they can identify with, appearance-wise. Her post got me thinking about shows targeted toward elementary children…..and I’m not sure that I can identify many Asians being represented.
ICYMI on the blog this week: