Yeah for Friday! It’s been a long, busy week around here. The kids have started school and we are getting back into schedule mode. Luckily, we have a little bit of time before all the activities start up. Plus, with Labor Day and the Jewish holidays, the kids don’t have a full week of school until October! Here are some of this week’s favorites:
1. Disney Mug – I bought the mug pictured above as a souvenir from our recent Disney trip. They had sooo many different mugs to choose from it was so hard to pick. Since I don’t really have a favorite character, I thought this mug, which depicts all the parks and many of the classic characters was a good memory of our trip. However, this is a jumbo mug! My morning coffee intake has doubled since it just didn’t look or feel right drinking from a half empty mug!
2. Favorite bookmarked recipe of the week: These Hoisin Burgers with Peanut Slaw. I’ve made an Asian Turkey Burger before that we like from a recipe from Cooking Light. However, this recipe looks like it has a bit more flavor and I love the addition of a peanut slaw.
3. This workout plan – Since getting back from Disney, I’ve gotten more serious about starting to exercise and eating a bit more healthy. I found this workout plan on Pinterest and have been pretty good about keeping up with it. It’s a small start and I like how it mixes up different exercises and amounts every day!
4. Netflix this week – I finished up watching the latest season of Grey’s Anatomy. I had seen a spoiler so wasn’t totally surprised at how the season ended. The show still makes me cry almost every episode! The Weekend Chef and I are one episode away from finishing up Season 3 of Orange is the New Black. I’m continuing to watch Revenge and I’ve started watching Bloodline. I’ve heard good things about it. But I’m only into episode 3 and am having difficulty with it keeping my interest.
5. Hop’n Mad Apple Cider – I bought a variety pack of Angry Orchard hard cider, which is one of my favorite adult beverages. If you follow on Instagram, you might have seen that we tried a new to us flavor, Hop’n Mad Apple. The Weekend Chef really likes this cider, with its blend of cider and two different hops. It wasn’t as sweet as their other varieties, which I prefer.