Another crazy week has come to an end! Welcome weekend! Tonight we have my daughter’s end-of-year girl scout potluck picnic. Tomorrow my son has his last soccer game and trophy celebration as well as a cub scout hike. Not sure yet how we’ll be celebrating Father’s Day on Sunday, but the kids have lots of home-made goodies from school for their daddy. Here are some of my favorites from the past week:
1. Last Saturday I spent the day at a local waterpark with my daughter and her girl scout troop. As soon as we got there, my daughter went on this slide with one of her friends. I was so nervous for her! She’s a brave one! The weather was beautiful and we had a great day.
2. New episodes of Scandal are on Netflix! Since we cut cable, I was planning on watching this show online. But I ended up trying to watch the first episode a little too late and by the time I went to watch, the first episode of season 4 was no longer available. I ended up waiting until now, since I didn’t want to start with episode 2, and now I get to binge watch the whole season!
3. And of course I can’t forget about the new episodes of Orange Is The New Black. I think I’ll be spending some quality time this weekend watching some Netflix!
4. Favorite bookmarked recipe of the week: This Grilled Apricot, Corn and Arugula Salad with Pistachios from blog How Sweet It Is. This looks like a really tasty, summer salad!
5. Currently reading The Art of Baking Blind by Sarah Vaughan. I’m a little over half-way through and it’s looking like this is going to be a 3 out of 5 star book. I love fiction books that have a food or cooking related theme. This is Vaughan’s first novel and is about five contestants in a baking competition. Hoping to finish this one over the weekend.