Hello Friday, is that you? The days are just running together and I’m seriously losing track of time! I thought I’d be posting so much more on the blog, since I’m home all day. However, after working from home, staring at my laptop screen for so many hours, I’m just not feeling very motivated to stay on it any longer than I have to. I thought I was doing okay for the most part with the social distancing. But after looking at the news and social media, I almost had a breakdown the other night. It’s hard to believe that we may be living like this for months. But I got myself out of my funk by reminding myself how much I have to be grateful for, even during these difficult times. It was really helpful and I know that it’s normal and expected to have bouts of sadness and unease. Here are five from this unexciting week:
1. Weekend Walk – As long as we are allowed to be outside, we are going to spend time there, getting some fresh air and exercise. Last weekend we took a drive to Bear Mountain State Park. The kids made it clear that they were NOT going to go on a hike so we walked around Hessian Lake. It was a lot more crowded than I was comfortable with. So we did the 1.4 mile walk pretty quickly and left. It was still a beautiful day with scenic views, even though it was a short visit.
2. Reading – Although I’ve been reading, I’ve not been getting in as much reading time as I thought I’d be during this time. This week I did finish Mrs. Everything by Jennifer Weiner which was an enjoyable read. It’s been years since I’ve read any of her books and I was surprised that I liked this one as much as I did.
3. Watching – This week we only watched two movies. We all watched Motherless Brooklyn together. Then my daughter and I watched Last Christmas. It was fitting that it was snowing the day we watched it. On Netflix, we started watching Tiger King. It’s a crazy, diversion!
4. Cooking – This week’s menu included Vegan White Pizza, Roasted Peanut Butter Cauliflower and Carrot Salad Bowls, Chickpea Shawarma Wraps, Vegan Broccoli Cheddar Pot Pie, and General Tso’s Cauliflower.
5. Social Distancing – During the day Dana and I are continuing to work from home while the kids are doing their online school work. After I log off at 4 PM, we either all go for a walk, or the kids play volleyball or badminton outside for a bit while Dana and I walk. I also try to do yoga, since my back is not happy with me sitting at the dining room table all day working. This week we ordered takeout one day from Izla. Although we can only eat the sides, rice, tostones and yucca fries made for a tasty lunch earlier this week.
I didn’t post any new posts this week. But in case you missed last week’s posts:
Sharing with Friday Favorites! Have a great weekend!