Happy Friday! This week has been one unlike any other. I know we are all feeling unsettled during this public health crisis. It seems like everything but the grocery stores are closed now. For now, our schools are closed until the 31st, but who knows if that will change. As we’ve been told, things are going to get worse before they get better. But I know that we will get through this. I am very thankful that Dana and I both have jobs that we can do from home and that my kids are older and able to manage their online school work on their own. It’s obviously not been a very exciting week, but here are five from this week:
1. Weekend Hike – last weekend the social distancing began. We ended up going on a hike (along with a lot of other people who had the same idea!) since it was such a nice day.
2. Reading – I finished Her Daughter’s Mother but book club, like everything else, was canceled. We walked to our local library Monday and I picked up some holds and other books, before they closed for the next couple of weeks. I have just started Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center, which has been on my to read list.
3. Watching – We’ve been having family movie nights most evenings. Together we’ve watched Inception and Austin Powers, both on Netflix. Dana and our daughter watched Doctor Sleep, since they both read the book. I don’t like scary movies so I skipped this one. He was a bit disappointed and noted that the movie was very different than the book.
4. Cooking – This week’s menu included Halushki (sautéed cabbage and onions with egg noodles) for St. Patrick’s Day, cauliflower korma (using a jarred, non-vegan sauce) with basmati rice and naan, chickpea meatloaf with roasted potatoes and a roasted vegetable risotto.
5. Social Distancing – During the day Dana and I are both working from home. But besides the cleaning and cooking, I’ve been reading, doing a paint-by-number and working on puzzles. Dana and I also started another 30 day Yoga with Adriene series. Revolution is actually a 31 day series, but an oldie that we haven’t done.
ICYMI this week on the blog:
Monday I wrote about Indoor Family Fun During This Stressful Time.
Wednesday I shared 15 Ways to Entertain Yourself at Home During Social Distancing.
Sharing with Friday Favorites! Have a great weekend!