These summer days are flying by! Just like that, July is over! Luckily, we have one more month of summer fun. This week wasn’t too exciting, but sometimes, relaxing and hanging out is just what we need. Weather wise, today and the weekend aren’t looking that great. We need the rain, but it puts a damper on summer weekend plans. Today we’re spending the day at the aquarium with a friend and her kids. Tomorrow we are supposed to be going to a neighborhood pool party and Sunday we think we are going to head into the city. Of course, rain may end up changing these plans! This week’s five include:
1. Supper Club – Sunday we hosted our monthly supper club. This month’s theme was Turkish cuisine. We made grilled chicken which we served over rice pilaf, eggs cooked in a pepper and onion dish as well as a grilled eggplant dish with spicy chickpeas and walnut sauce. Everything was delicious!
2. Day with friends at the lake – Friends of ours live in a community on a lake. They had their annual Summer Regatta and invited our family. The kids all had fun swimming in the lake and kayaking, as well as participating in games. We then went back to their house for dinner. Our sons are friends, but we adults hardly get to see each other. It was nice being able to spend time with them relaxing and catching up.
3. Reading – I’ve been on a YA reading kick lately. I just finished The Flip Side by Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson. This is her first fiction book. It was so YA that I’d almost call it middle grade fiction, minus the prom and other high school related events! I am now reading The Museum of Heartbreak which so far is just so-so.
4. Dining Out – We normally go out to eat on the weekends when we are out and about. However, Saturday we had dinner with friends and Sunday we had supper club. So, the only dining out that happened this week was yesterday when the kids and I had lunch at a local ramen restaurant, Ramenesque. They shared that bowl of ramen, which I might have helped them with, along with some gyoza, while I had a kimchi pancake.
5. Watching – My husband and I finally finished Orange is the New Black. I can’t believe that we have to wait a whole year for the next season! My husband had us watch the first episode of Stranger Things, a new Netflix original supernatural/sci-fi/horror series. I’m not sure it’s really my thing, but there are only eight episodes, so maybe I’ll watch them all with him. I am caught up on the Real Housewives of Orange County and have just started watching the Real Housewives of New Jersey.