Happy Friday and happy fall! This was a busy week with playdates (or “hanging out” as my 5th grader calls it) and back to school night at the middle school for my daughter. This weekend my daughter will be away for two nights on a Girl Scout camping trip and my husband is heading up to Binghamton University for alumni Homecoming weekend. So, Saturday will be just me and my son. He has soccer and then I see some Pokemon catching and a movie marathon happening! Here are five things from this week:
1. Eating – Sunday we had our monthly supper club. This month’s theme was to cook one of our favorite dishes from a past supper club. I made Lasagna Stuffed Spaghetti Squash that another member had previously made. I liked this dish because not only was it tasty it was also carb-free, which usually I don’t go for! I love me so me carbs! I also thought that this was a dish that my kids would enjoy since you don’t really taste squash flavor with all of the lasagna ingredients. Well, there was enough leftovers to have it for dinner this week and let’s just say, my son wasn’t a fan! Oh well, I tried!
2. Blog Post – I am a contributor to the Westchester County Mom’s Blog, a recently launched resource for local moms. My article “8 Tips for Motivating Reluctant Readers” was posted this week! You can check it out as well as the blog itself. There are lots of relevant posts pertaining to motherhood and parenting issues, not just local events, etc.
3. Working Out – As I mentioned in last week’s Five on Friday, my husband and I joined our local Retro Fitness. We got to work out together Sunday morning while the kids were at CCD. We did some of the arm and leg machines and then walked (me)/jogged (him) on the treadmill. I also tried my first Barre class this and also did a Zumba class yesterday. I’m really hoping to get in shape!
4. Cable and Phone – We’ve been cable-free for over three years now. We’ve done fine with watching Netflix and Amazon Prime and using just our cell phones. However, it was cheaper for us to upgrade to a “triple play” package than to just pay for internet. So yesterday we got cable and home phone service again! I’m sure I will love having a DVR back and being able to watch my favorite shows as they air!
5. Reading – I’m currently reading All is Not Forgotten by Wendy Walker. It’s a thriller/suspense book that so far is pretty good.
ICYMI this week on the blog:
Monday I shared our weekly meal plan.
Tuesday I posted a review of the Brazilian animated movie Boy & The World.
Thursday I shared a short list of things I’m looking forward to in fall.