Happy Friday everyone! And what a happy day it is for us. We are leaving tomorrow for our cruise tomorrow. We will be spending five nights on the Carnival Sunshine visiting Halifax and St. John in Canada. It will be quiet for the next several days on the blog while we are away. This week was a relaxing week for us. The kids had off from school Monday and Tuesday for Rosh Hashanah. Unfortunately, they are so busy during the regular school week that we ended up doing a lot of errands and shopping. It’s really hard for me to go shopping without them, now that they are both very opinionated about their clothing and style. We did squeeze in a lunch at Five Guys though! Here are five things from this week:
1. Reading – This week I finished reading The Girl Before by Rena Olsen. I’ve been on a psychological, suspense reading kick lately and this book did not disappoint. It is a disturbing read about the human trafficking trade and one girl’s brainwashing and naiveté. Despite the uncomfortable topic of the book, Olsen’s writing had me captivated to see how it would all end.
2. Television Watching – After taking a several season hiatus from this show, my husband and I have started watching American Horror Story: Roanoke. I’m not sure why I do this to myself since I really hate scary shows and movies!
3. Movie Watching – I just watched Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates the other night. Guys, this movie was BAD! I cannot recommend this and feel like I wasted an hour and a half of my life watching it. I am a big fan of Anna Kendrick, which was the only reason in me watching it. Don’t waste your time.
4. Eating – This month our supper club decided to go out to eat for tapas, rather than make them, which was our original theme. We ate at a local restaurant in Peekskill called the Iron Vine. I think we ordered almost every tapas on the menu, in two different rounds of eating….plus dessert. It was really good!
5. Family Time – Last Sunday my family and I were invited by Stop & Shop to attend the New England Chowdafest in Westport, CT. We had such a great time getting a sneak peek of Stop & Shop’s new line of Nature’s Promise soups. Then we got to walk around and try all different kinds of soups and chowders from restaurants throughout the area and rate them on a ballot sheet. It was delicious and fun family time!