Happy Friday! This has been a long week around here. After two weeks of multiple days off, the kids finally had a full week of school. All activities are in full swing now so both kids are going to school early and staying after on some days. It’s crazy trying to keep track of everyone’s schedules! And add to that me being sick for most of the week. My husband was extra awesome this week in getting the kids up, ready and out in the mornings. I’m glad that it’s me who was sick this week though and not the kids. I know it’s not fun sitting in a classroom all day and not feeling well. I’m hoping for a pretty low-key weekend. The kids are spending the night at my in-laws on Saturday so my husband and I can have a date night. Sunday they will bring the kids back and we will probably get lunch. But otherwise, not much else is planned around here. Here are five from this week:
1. Girl Time – My husband spent most of Saturday with my son at a Cub Scout event. My daughter and I spent most of the afternoon shopping. Then we stopped at Panera to pick up some dinner and ate it while we watched The Hunger Games. My daughter is almost finished reading the series for the first time and LOVES it. As she finishes the book we are watching the movies. Great bonding time!
2. Watching – Nothing new this week. Just the regular rotation of Real Housewives of OC and New Jersey, Grey’s Anatomy and This Is Us.
3. Reading – I have just started reading Pretty Little Liars. It’s been on my to read list forever and I’ve been holding off on watching the series on Netflix until I’ve read some of the books. From comments on Instagram, it seems that the show doesn’t totally follow the book, but I always like to read the book first!
4. Cooking – After eating three course dinners every night on our recent cruise, it’s been nice to have some home cooked meals. This week’s menu included Slow Cooker Beanless Chili (see recipe link below), Crab Cakes (pictured above), Homemade Mac and Cheese, Slow Cooker Chicken, Bacon and Potato Soup and Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza.
5. Buying – I was in major need of some fall nail polish. On a recent trip to Walmart I bought a bottle of this Revlon Vixen. I’m not even sure what nail colors are in this season, but I love this dark burgundy polish.
ICYMI this week on the blog:
Monday I shared my September book reads.
Tuesday I shared a recipe for Slow Cooker Beanless Chili.
Thursday I wrote about our recent cruise experience on the Carnival Sunshine.