Happy Friday and happy birthday to me! Today I turn 37. As I get older, my birthdays have become less of a big deal to me. I’m good with a card and having the kids sing to me. I told the husband in advance that I didn’t want anything. Last weekend we went to the Hudson Valley Wine and Food Festival, as an early birthday celebration. Spending quality time with my family is the best gift! Tonight I’m sure there will be some sort of special treat after my husband makes dinner (homemade Korean at my request!)! This weekend we will be busy with soccer, Town Day and Supper Club. Here are five things from this week:
1. Reading – This week I finally finished reading The Girls and despite it being a NY Times bestseller, I was not a fan. I have just started reading The Widow, another NY Times bestseller. I’m in the mood for a good suspense/thriller and hope this fits the bill.
2. Watching – My husband and I have started catching up on episodes of Breaking Bad. He’s already watched all of the shows but is re-watching with me. When I’m alone, I either catch up on Grey’s Anatomy or watch any of the Real Housewives.
3. Eating – I’m not a huge wine drinker, but I enjoyed tasting some different ciders at the Hudson Valley Wine and Food Festival. And I did sample a few wines too! They had a food truck lineup and the family shared some poutine, empanadas, pierogis and a Kielbasa Reuben. Yum!
4. Excited – to sleep in a little this weekend. Now that school has started I’m up at 6:15 to help get my daughter out of the door on time for middle school. I need a lot of sleep and getting back into the school routine has messed up my sleep schedule!
5. Joining the gym – My husband and I joined Retro Fitness, which recently opened by us. It’s time folks! I am feeling really blah about myself and now that the kids are back in school I have the time. So, I’m getting serious and will hopefully be in shape soon!
This was a slow week on the blog. I shared my August 2016 reads with the Show Us Your Books linkup on Tuesday.