Hello Friday! I cannot believe it’s already the last Friday of the month! January has gone by so fast. We got a little snow in New York on Tuesday and I got to leave work early. And there’s potential for more snow Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. In other positive news, my son’s COVID test came back negative! Thank goodness! Here are five from this week:
1. Zoom wedding: Saturday I watched my brother-in-law get married! The ceremony was over Zoom and they were married by a retired NYS supreme judge. They had their first dance and fed each other cake on camera. It was a nice, quick ceremony and we are so happy he is finally married!
2. Eating: Last weekend we ordered empanadas from Peekskill Empanadas, a new local food business that makes Colombian empanadas. They had vegan empanadas and they were so good! And such a deal at only $2 each!
We also went to Tiffany’s Restaurant in Peekskill to get this Churro milkshake! It was so good!
3. Reading: This week I’ve been reading Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah before the show comes to Netflix on February 3. I read this book back in 2008 but don’t remember any of it.
4. Watching: Last weekend we had a family movie night and watched The Florida Project on Netflix. I’m finishing up Bling Empire and slowly making my way through Bridgerton. I just don’t have a lot of time to watch TV during the week, but there’s a lot of television that I want to watch!
5. Cooking: One of our favorite meals that I cooked this week was this Crunchy Roll Bowl from Pinch of Yum. It was so easy to make and really tasty!
ICYMI this week on the blog:
Tuesday I shared our Winter Outdoor Dining in Westchester County.
Wednesday I shared our Westchester Weekly post.
Sharing with Friday Favorites. Have a great weekend!