Happy Friday! I hope you had a great week! The big drama this week was my son getting a large splinter in his foot, which turned into a trip to Urgent Care, and crutches. We have had him taking it easy since his first modified track and field practice starts Monday! The other drama was my daughter losing one of her air pods, when it fell out of her ear when she was getting off the bus. Fortunately, one of the teachers at school found it. Here are five from the past week:
1. Day Date - I took a vacation day last Friday. My husband and I went to Untermyer Gardens and the Hudson River Museum, both in Yonkers and both places we know our kids would rather not visit! The gardens were so beautiful and since it was a weekday morning, they were empty.
2. Reading - I am finishing up Shipped by Angie Hockman. It’s a light, romantic fiction book that makes me want to visit the Galagapos!!
3. Family Party - Last Saturday we had family over to celebrate my daughter’s birthday. We hadn’t seen my husband’s family since July! All the grandparents are vaccinated and it was just nice to be able to hug and catch up in person. We ended up cooking a ton of food (eggplant parm, white veggie lasagna, ravioli in vodka sauce) which I took no pictures of! I also made peanut butter brownie bars and key lime bars to have along with the ice cream cake my daughter requested.
4. Watching - I haven’t watched a lot of anything this week. My husband and I watched a couple of episodes of Billions and we have just started season 3. We also started watching New Girl. I can’t believe we haven’t watched this show before! It’s such a fun little show!
5. Food Tour - Instead of going out to dinner for her birthday, my daughter requested a food tour. She didn’t have any particular place in mind so I decided that we would visit Mamaroneck. They have a Main Street with a lot of different food restaurants and eateries. We had everything including pizza, cookies, falafel, quiche and paletas. I think her favorite might have been this Dragon Bowl (pitaya, mango, banana, coconut water, granola, almond butter, chia seeds and seasonal fruit).
Sharing with Friday Favorites. Have a great weekend!