Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a great week. Before we get on to some good things from this week, here are a couple of bad things. First, I don’t like talking politics with anyone besides my immediate family and very close friends. However, seeing clips from the Betsy DeVos hearing really had me fired me up. As a former special education teacher, I am in disbelief that this woman is going to be running our country’s education system. Second, on Monday my daughter and I both got haircuts. We both just got a couple of inches trimmed off. But I also had the hair dresser cut me bangs. Well, they are not quite what I was envisioning and I’m not very happy with them. It’s just hair though and I’m dealing. Hopefully, they will grow out sooner than later and I can brush them to the side, which is what I was previously doing with them. Here are five from this week:
1. Blog Updates – I have just started using Canva and can’t believe what took me so long to try it! As you may have noticed, last weekend I updated my blog header and social media icons. It’s not a big thing, but everything that I’ve done with this blog has been self-taught. So, I’m giving myself a little pat on the back!
2. Bowling – With the three day weekend we decided to take the kids bowling Sunday night. They were super surprised and we had a great time! I posted this pic on Instagram and noted that yes, I have my own bowling ball…..but I’m not a very good bowler! When my husband and I were dating (and pre-kids) we would go bowling a lot. So, we both ended up getting our own shoes and bowling balls. Unfortunately, nowadays, they only get used every couple of months or so.
3. Reading – After reading so many great reviews about this book, (and all of her other books!) on the Show Us Your Books linkup I decided I had to give it a try. So far, it’s really good!
4. Watching – I am of course watching The Bachelor (instead of listening to a podcast recap, I’ve opted to just read Sheaffer’s recaps instead, which are hysterical and spot-on!). Over the three day weekend we watched the movies Matilda and The BFG since my son and I had read both books together this summer. Both movies were a bit different from the books in parts but were enjoyable. I also saw this video on my Facebook feed this past week. Rachel blogs at The Stay At Home Chef and also has a Youtube Channel. She received a comment from a reader about her gray hair and this video is her response. Its brave, beautiful and empowering.
5. Eating – After our haircuts on Monday, the family went out for lunch. My husband suggested Izla, which we hadn’t been to in a long time. We shared Churrasco, Ropa Vieja and roasted chicken with rice & gandules, tostones, salsa stuffing and cinnamon baked yams. It was so good!
Monday I posted our weekly meal plan.
Thursday I shared our thoughts on kombucha.