Happy Friday everyone. BRRRRR it’s cold here in New York. I mean single digits feels like below zero cold. Winter hasn’t even officially started yet and I feel like I’m going to be saying this a lot this winter….I hate the cold! I woke up yesterday with the beginnings of a cold and am hoping that it ends there. As I told the kids, “Mommy can’t be sick!” That’s just a disaster waiting to happen! Here are five things from this week:
1. Reading – I am currently reading Three Christmas Wishes by Sheila Roberts. I’m trying to read some holiday books, both for my 25 Books of Christmas feature, as well as to get into the holiday spirit. Even though she’s written a bunch of books, this is my first book by the author. I’m only a couple of chapters in but I’m enjoying it so far.
2. Watching – This past week we watched both Pete’s Dragon and Finding Dory. We don’t see many movies in the theater. I usually wait for them to come out on DVD and borrow them from the library. Then we get to enjoy watching the movies snuggled up together on the couch in our pajamas! Both of these movies were really good.
3. Eating – Pizza and cookies! This past Saturday was our supper club’s cookie exchange. We also did our annual pizza theme this month and had all the kids come too. I made Buffalo Chicken Pizza and my husband made a deep dish Spinach and Artichoke Dip pizza. Pizza = yum!
4. Baking – Making the cookies for the cookie exchange was a family operation! My son has been asking for peanut butter and jelly cookies for the longest time. So we went with his request for our cookie exchange. My daughter and I made the cookie dough. Then she and my husband rolled the dough balls, my son made the fork marks and I made the indents for the jelly. My husband then went and filled them all with the jelly filling. If you like peanut butter and jelly, these cookies were pretty good!
5. Shopping – I am happy to say that I am almost finished with my Christmas shopping! The kids’ presents are wrapped and this weekend they want to help me wrap the other presents. I am hoping that by the end of the weekend I can say that I am entirely done shopping and everything’s wrapped! On another note, I took my daughter to Five Below last weekend so she could pick out presents for her Girl Scout troop Secret Santa exchange and pick out something for her brother for Christmas. An hour plus later and the mission was finally accomplished. I know she was excited to look at everything and find the perfect gifts. However, for me it was kind of torturous. She’s a tad bit (okay majorly!) indecisive and add in the crowded parking lot and store and this mom was a bit aggravated. Online and weekday morning shopping is the way to go!
ICYMI this week on the blog:
Monday I posted our weekly meal plan and a review of The Doll People’s Christmas.
Tuesday I shared my November 2016 reads in the Show Us Your Books linkup and a review of A Boy Called Christmas.
Wednesday I reviewed The Christmas Eve Tree.
Thursday I reviewed The Great Spruce.