I love making homemade cookies. They are usually really easy to make and often make a lot! I can send some into work with the Mr., store some in the freezer and still have plenty for us to snack on throughout the week. We feel so much better giving the kids homemade cookies versus the packaged kind….not that we don’t buy a package of cookies from the grocery store every now and then! I love that I can take cookies out of the freezer, put them in the kids’ lunch bags, and by lunchtime they are defrosted for them to enjoy. I had a bag of peanut butter chips sitting in the pantry for way too long. I was on a mission to use them and found this recipe. These cookies were really good..nice and soft and chewy. You can’t go wrong with the combination of chocolate and peanut butter!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Recipe adapted from My Mommy Style
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time mixing until combined. Add vanilla and continue mixing.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, beating well. Stir in the peanut butter chips.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8-9 minutes (cookies will be soft, do not overbake).
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes before removing and adding to wire rack to cool completely.