Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a great week. With school having started last week we are slowly getting back into the routine of things around here. Tomorrow is my birthday and we have a fun weekend planned. The celebrating starts tonight with dinner at my parent’s house. Hopefully we have nice weather because we have outside plans. Here are five from this week:
1. Reading – The Breakdown by B.A. Paris. I really enjoyed her first book Behind Closed Doors. I always love a good thriller/suspense book and so far this is a good one.
2. Watching – I hate to say that this week I’ve just watched the Bachelor in Paradise finale and was catching up on some of the Real Housewives episodes this week. Pretty boring. I still have to finish the last three episodes of Scandal and Grey’s Anatomy from last season, since I know the new seasons premiere soon!
3. Eating – Last weekend we hosted our “sauce” themed supper club. I made Closet Cooking’s Chicken and Avocado Enchiladas in Creamy Avocado Sauce. They were really good! I even made the homemade salsa verde. My husband and I love avocados. But why do they have to be so expensive?!!
4. Family Fun – Last Sunday we attended a local food truck festival. One of our favorite treats was this S’mores “over the top” milkshake. Yes, it was as good as it looks! No worries, I didn’t eat this all myself – the four of us shared!
5. Back to the Gym – Somehow I made it through the entire summer without getting to the gym. Not even once! I’d like to say that we were traveling a lot, which is true, but it would still just be an excuse. Now that we are back to routines, I’m trying to get back on a gym schedule. This week I made it to two classes. I’m celebrating the small victories!
ICYMI this week on the blog:
Monday I shared our weekly meal plan.
Tuesday I shared my August 2017 reads and joined the monthly Show Us Your Books linkup.
Wednesday I posted about Visiting the Corning Museum of Glass with Kids.
Thursday I reviewed a Munchpak subscription box.