We are pretty new to the world of scones. When I think of scones I always think of a sweet breakfast pastry. So I was intrigued by these savory scones. These had a great combination of flavors that the adults enjoyed. The kids did not enjoy these as much. I think that there were too many ingredients in these that the kids didn’t like – and it was too difficult for them to pick out the things that they didn’t want to eat! These were a great addition to have with soup and were a nice change from the usual muffins and bread that I normally make.
Recipe adapted from Very Culinary adapted from BHG
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup green olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Penzy’s Pasta Sprinkle
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, olive oil, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and cheese.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center and add the milk mixture; with your fingers or a fork, combine until moistened, being careful not to over mix.
4. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and pat it into a 1-inch thick rectangle. With a sharp knife, cut the rectangle on the diagonal into 8 pieces. Place scones on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until golden. Cool slightly before serving.